Keeping an aggressive dog at a hotel?

So my dog is a 1-year old mostly daschund. My dog always barks at things such as doorbells or movement in the house. When walking him he lunges out at other people and other dogs. My family and I want to go traveling soon for about 3 days. We want to bring him with use and leave him at our friends house but the problem is they have 3 dogs. We are trying very hard to train him but its nearly impossible. We've decided that he'll probably end up being in kennel or dog hotel. My dog will whine VERY loudly if we leave him especially in a cage. If we leave him at home he usually destroys something but I credit this to him being bored. I was wondering if dog hotels and kennels accept dogs who might try to bite and make a lot of noise. Some additional info is that he has been neutered and he was never abused or anything like that. Another thing to add is that we may leave or a longer trip that may take as long as 1-2 MONTHS. My dad might go back in 2 weeks but we don't know what we should do.

Asked by Member 1140268 on Nov 11th 2012 in Lodging

Answers

Most hotels will not tolerate a noisy dog, even if they allow dogs. Sending him to a kennel might be your best bet. Good Luck!