Just found my bestfriend dead today she was 11 years old no sign of illness she was an outside dog worked all day yester

Asked by Member 1056985 on Sep 18th 2011 in Loss of a Pet

Answers

Rocky

I am so sorry, I know how hard that is. I found a dog 2 winters ago and not sure of his age but I gave it to friends one day he was outside running with the kids then when they went to eat 20 mins later he was gone. So I know your pain just know she wasn't in pain or you would have seen it, and she will always be with you

Rocky answered on 9/18/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Candy 4/13/99 - 2/8/09

Sorry for your loss. I know it must have been a shock. 11 is fairly old, depending on breed and health history.

Candy 4/13/99 - 2/8/09 answered on 9/18/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Gia

I know how it feels, mmy husky had a hard time breathing all day and stayed alive until I got a shower, she knew it was the best time. She let go. I'm so sorry for your loss, certain breeds live certain times.

Gia answered on 9/18/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Ginger-  M.I.A.

I'm so sorry for your loss! This happened to my dog Ginger's mother- she was found dead in her doghouse one morning, no signs of injury or illness whatsoever. She was 13.

It's probably too late now, but if you can't rest until you know what killed her, you can ask you vet to do a necropsy (animal version of an autopsy.) This costs money though.

Ginger- M.I.A. answered on 9/19/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I am so sorry for the loss of your best friend! I also lost mine 6 weeks ago.

Starbutt

I am sorry for your loss it is sad when they die, sometimes you never know and if you have a necrospy done it doesn't always tell you what happened sometimes they just die.
I had to put my husband's dog down this feb 14th what a day to do it. He had heart worms and I caught it to late. Never thought a dog would get them it was a once in a million DON'T BE AS BLIND OR IGNORANT AS I WAS. if you can prevent it do.

Remember the good things you did with your dog and don't remember anything bad. Pet heaven is a wonderful place my one friend lost a dog but says she sees him and he visits her. She thinks she got him on a picture.

I am so sorry.

Rhayden

Starbutt answered on 9/21/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I am sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you and your family.