just adopted a 1 yr old boxer male. he has not been socialized at all. he is very skiddish. do you think he will warm up

Asked by Member 824531 on Mar 31st 2012 in Socialization

Answers

Rocket

yes i think he will. you can try having special one on one time with him while gently stroking his head and softly singing or humming to him. don't forget the dog park and long walks. have random people give him treats when you run into them. tell people to ignore him until he is done sniffing them. never make loud, unexpected noises or fast and jerky movements around him.

Rocket answered on 3/31/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I recommend taking him to obedience classes. Obedience classes are a great way to socialize your dog and learn how to train your dog.

Ty

I took in a almost three year old that had very little socialization, but just by working with him, and getting him out in public, I was able to get him alot better around strangers. He was not the best since he was an abuse case, but he did learn to trust. So I think with alittle work, you can get him to warm up to people.

Ty answered on 4/6/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer