Jack russell potty training

Hey, my Jack Russell Terrier does his business in the garage every night. we have doggy doors from the kitchen (where they sleep) to the garage and from the garage outside...my other jack russell is fine but now since its getting colder outside for the winter, my dog just doesnt go outside and does his business in the garage, which is warmer than outside...i just need ideas on how to get him to do his stuff where he is supposed to

Asked by Member 1011780 on Nov 14th 2010 in House Soiling

Answers

........Get some puppy booties(Buy some)....

Or get him a puppy sweater
And stand out side with him until he goes to the bathroom..
Thats my suggestion.. Other answers may be pro-vised:)

Kazba

Well in the garage is better then in the house at least. What I would try to do is take the dog out just before you go to bed and praise them and treat them if they go outside. Almost like training a puppy again.

Kazba answered on 11/14/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

This is a common problem with doggy doors. The dog becomes responsible for it's own toileting and doesn't see the need to follow the rules. And JR's make the rules anyway (or think they do).

With all the storys of things coming in the dog door that shouldn't - close the door at night. Take them out in the morning and last thing at night. There is no reason they can't go 8-9 hours overnight without needing to go to the toilet. You will have to make sure he eats early enough and poops before bedtime.