jack russell-bossy!!

i have a jack russell 2.5 and tha last week he became bossy and aggressive.He doesn't want to approach anyone around me when i eat and he even bit my brother about that.When i shout at him he became more aggressive.He hasn't ''make love'' yet.Is the hormones a factor to his behaviour?Now as a permanent solution we remove him to another room when we eat in order to understand that his behaviour with the food isn't tha right.Then we give him his own meal.
thx

Asked by Member 1079999 on Dec 27th 2011 Tagged food in Aggression

Answers

Sounds like he's trying to protect you to me.
My dog used to growl at people when they'd do things she deemed threatening. (To a dog, hugging looks more like an attempt to attack, so if a relative hugged us, she'd lower her head and snarl at them.)
All we had to do was tell her that it was okay, and she'd stop.
Maybe someone else will be able to help you more, but all *I* can tell you is to try that and if it doesn't work keep puting him in another room.

Or, was he eating at the same time you were before? If so, maybe he was protecting his own food? And if so, that's resource guarding. Here's a helpful article on it: www.paw

P.S. NEVER correct a dog for growling! This could teach him not to growl, and growling is a warning. Not being able to growl, he may go straight to biting!