Lego

Is there an alarm that works when a dog passes it?

I want to be alerted when my dog goes through the driveway gate.

They make alarms for bags where the alarm goes off it someone moves the bag too far away. II believe they put a radio frequency ID chip in the bag. want to find something where it goes off if the chip gets within a 15 foot radius of the alarm.

Does anyone know of such a thing? Thanks

Asked by Lego on Apr 7th 2012 Tagged alarm, warning, rfid, proximityalert in Pet Products

Answers

www.drivewayalarm.pro

Try this website.....

Yes. Consumer Reports just had a review of this kind of system- they tried three- the PetTronix RoamEO, Garmin GTU 10, and Tagg Pet Tracker. The Garmin and Tagg both allow you to configure "geofences" (virtual boundaries) where it will send you an alarm by text message when the dog goes through the boundary. The dog has to wear a device on his collar with a GPS unit.

sorry I can't send the link to the CR report, (it's members only) but you can look up any of these products pretty easily.