Lola

Is there a long lasting (all day) snack that I may leave my dog with while I am working? NOT A TREAT ! A chew toy?

Asked by Lola on Dec 29th 2011 Tagged unsupervisedsnacks in Other Food & Nutrition

Answers

Kongs are widely used among dog owners. I'm sure they are available to buy online and I know you can get them from a pet store. You can buy filling for them, use peanut butter, or even pieces of kibble. Choose one that's big enough that your dog can't swallow it, and don't use it if your dog is an aggressive chewer.
I hear Buster Cubes are good, too. Same concept as the Kong, different shape and the dog has to nose at it to make the food fall out.

There's a lot, actually. I use the Kong, it's a great toy to keep a dog occupied for hours at a time. You can stuff any food/treats in the Kong, freeze and feed. I stuff cheese, pumpkin, sweet potatoes, deli meat, raw meat, peanut butter, yogurt, fruit, cream cheese, etc.

Check out this thread for ideas on what you can stuff your Kong with -

www.dogster.com

Other good toys - Busy Buddy, Omega Paw Treat Dispensing Dog Toy, Starmark Treat Ball, Toy Shoppe Hide A Squirrel, Jolly Ball, Dog Pyramid Puzzle Dog Toy, Orb Dog Toy, Tug a Jug.

Bones/chews - Merrick (any bone/chew by Merrick), True Chews and Nylabone.

Kazba

I have had a nylabone that has made it through 4 puppies and still looks fine

Kazba answered on 12/29/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer