Bella

is she pregnant?

my 5month old male mounted my 1yr old female. something DEFINATELY happened because there was a VERY foul smell afterwards and my female was very focused on her privates. i didnt really think she would get pregnant because he was so young and it only happened once. but yesterday she was very swollen looking and today she is still pretty round. she is usually a VERY sleek and athletic bodied dog!! i estimated it happened about 40/41 days ago.. how big should she look? and her nipples are a darker pink and about the size of the 1st nuckle and up of a pointer finger! we are getting her tested next week. i just dont want to get too excited for nothing.. again, how BIG or ROUND should she be? she is my 50-55lbs american pit bull if that helps at all...

Asked by Bella on Aug 4th 2010 in Pregnancy

Answers

Yes, she can certainly be pregnant by a five month old male! And, yes, it can only take one time... the male's ejaculate contains millions of sperm. Definitely get her checked as IF she is pregnant, you will have a lot of work to get ready for the babies and she will likely need extra food to prepare her for the event.

Ruby

I am not suprized that you had my answer flaged in order to have it removed. Afraid that other posters would see it? Trust me hunny, there is a reason only 1 person answered you question and that is because everyone else feels the same way i do.

Please for the love of God spay and neuter your pets!

Ruby answered on 8/8/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer