is pedigree bad for dogs

Asked by Member 1022645 on Feb 9th 2011 Tagged isthefoodpedigreebadforyearoldcokerspanials in Health & Wellness

Answers

Maverick

I would recommend a natural food like Nutro's Natural Choice line. Nutro uses natural ingredients with added vitamins and minerals! They put pets first and believe that natural ingredients are healthier, fresher, safer, and I bet your pet will think they are tastier too!!!
Check out their website at:
www.TheNutroCompany.com

When switching foods be sure to do so over at least a week as to not upset the flora in your pups tummy! Gradually add in the new food and wean out the old.

This is what food our Mom feeds us and we are doing really well on it. The Natural Choice line is guaranteed to improve skin and coat! We saw a big difference in shedding.

You can find Nutro at your local Petco, Petsmart, Tractor Supply, PetSupermarkets, and many other pet specialty stores.

Maverick answered on 2/9/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Well it will not kill your dog or anything, but it's nowhere near as healthful as some other foods on the market.
More info here:
www.dogster.com

Pedigree is not a bad food if that is all u can afford . My dog is on Blue its high but worth it . If u go 2 blue.com u can get a 5. coupon.

First of all..Pedigree will not harm your dog, but does not have the right ingredients for him/her to be healthy as all get out!!

Blue is not the kind of dogfood either...nor Pedigree...But its still dog food and its still eatable for dogs...They seem to love it anyhow...

If this is the only kind of dog food you can afford...Its fine...at least you dont keep your dogs starving...

Good Luck, and hoped I helped out on your worries!..

Pedigree is a horrible food to feed your pet. They put nasty ingredients in their dog food. I don't know what type of Pedigree you feed (adult, puppy, senior, etc.) but all of them are bad. Take a look at the Pedigree Adult Complete Nutrition for Dogs ingredients -

Ground Whole Corn, Meat And Bone Meal, Ground Whole Wheat, Corn Gluten Meal, Animal Fat (preserved With BHA and Citric Acid), Wheat Mill Run, Chicken By-product Meal, Natural Flavor, Salt, Rice, Potassium Chloride, Vegetable Oil (source of Linoleic Acid), Vitamins (Dl-alpha Tocopherol Acetate [source of Vitamin E], Choline Chloride, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate [source of Vitamin C*], Vitamin A Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate [Vitamin B1], Biotin, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement [Vitamin B2], Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement), Dried Vegetables (Peas, Carrots), Minerals (Zinc Sulfate, Zinc Proteinate, Copper Sulfate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Potassium Iodide), Added FD&C Colors (Red 40, Blue 2, Yellow 6, Yellow 5).

Pedigree uses horrible ingredients in their food. They use the cheapest ingredients in their foods. The first ingredient should always be meat, real meat. The first ingredient in Pedigree Adult is corn. You are better off feeding a better dog food. Take a close look at the ingredients - corn, meat and bone meal, animal fat, wheat mill run, by products, salt, rice (white rice), colors, etc., let's just say that this food is one of the worst you can feed. Pedigree is like feeding your dog a whole bottle of syrup and greasy McDonald's for every meal.

Check these sites out to learn more about dog food and what goes into it -

What's REALLY in pet food? -

www.bornfreeusa.org

This is another great site that I love too -

recipes4pet.com

Dog foods I highly recommend -

Orijen
Solid Gold
Primal Pet Foods
Organix Dog Food
Holistic Selects
Honest Kitchen
Timberwolf Organics

Dog food companies such as Pedigree, Purina, Iams, Eukanuba, Bil Jac, Ol' Roy, Kibbles N' Bits, Royal Canine, Science Diet, etc., don't care what goes into their dog food. They use the lowest quality of ingredients in their pet food.

I feed Orijen and my dogs do great on the food. I've never had a problem with Orijen, it's the best food for dogs and cats out there. Feeding a raw or a home cooked diet is also a great thing to do for your pet. Feed the best food for your pet.

Ty

Feeding pedigree would be like you and I eating at Mcdonalds all the time. So it is not the best thing to feed your dog.

Ty answered on 2/11/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer