Daisy

is peanut butter ok for puppies???

is peanut butter ok for a 7 month old cavalier kingcharles pup? i saw it on it's me or the dog and they where putting peanut butter in to a kong but i have also read that nuts are not sutiable for dogs. i dont really know if i shold try my pup on it as i dont want to harm her. any advice.

Asked by Daisy on Jul 6th 2009 Tagged nuts in Food & Nutrition

Answers

Peanuts are more of a bean than a nut. The peanut butter in the Kong is a well known technique widely accepted by well informed dog owners. With such a small dog, just don't over do it. Peanut butter is OK, but it is not the complete and balanced diet dogs need.

Roxy

We have read alot about giving a dog peanut butter in their bones to help calm them down and distract them when they are overly hyper. We have tried it and it works. Both of our dogs enjoy having peanut butter.

Roxy answered on 7/6/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

My dogs love it! Makes a great Kong filler, but it is a bit messy.
It's best if you don't feed the type with peanut chunks in it, however.

Maverick

Mom gives us peanut butter too! We love it and go crazy for it! She gives the special kind in a glass jar that doesn't have anything extra....just peanuts! Its super yummy....last time we even got the organic kind-super yummy!

Maverick answered on 7/6/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Sassy

I have always given my dogs peanut butter. They even like the no salt kind, it is that yummy. I don't "stuff" the kong with it though. I smear a teaspoonful around the inside for my medium sized dogs. It is rich stuff.

Sassy answered on 7/6/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer