Jazz

Is my Chihuahua sick? HELP!

I'm worried about my male Chihuahua. I noticed that my dog's been lonely for a week now and he doesnt eat that much like he used to. My father brought him to my aunt's house, where they have a female Chi, thinking that it might bring my dog's energy back. My father said that he was following the female Chi wherever she went. When my dog got back, I gave him dog food but he just smelled it then ignored it (This is the situation every time I give him dog food for a week now). I put milk, he drank a few, ignored it again. I thought of giving the dog human food, rice with pork broth and some sliced pork, a small bowl half of that cos I thought he might not like it again. Thank goodness he ate, mostly were the sliced pork. But, he still did not finish the food.

I am worried cos he used to be so healthy. Now, he's just so skinny & lonely. I know Chis have small appetites but he used to finish a bowl full of dog food. He'll be turning a yr old nextwk. What do u think is the prob? HELP! TY!

Asked by Jazz on May 26th 2010 Tagged chihuahua, chi, chihuahuas, sick, dog, dogfood, appetite, health, lonely, worried, male, noteating, ignoringfood, skinny, bony in Health & Wellness

Answers

Shadow

A dog that won't eat and hides doesn't feel good. Take him to the Vet. When my dogs went three days without properly eating then I figured that was the time to have them checked.

Shadow answered on 5/26/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I would take him to the vet and have him checked out.

Gidget

Poor Jazz. Since he doesn't seem to have energy, he may just not be feeling well. It sounds like it is time for a checkup. Have some blood work done and a stool sample. There might be something going on with your little guy.

If all checks out, then you can try to do extra special things with him to cheer him up. Have you considered getting him a companion?

Anyway, before doing anything different, take him in to make sure there isn't an underlying medical condition that is changing his behavior and habits. It's so hard to tell with some of them.

Good luck

Gidget answered on 5/26/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Maverick

I would take Jazz to the vet especially since its been a week. :(
I hope everything is ok and that he feels better soon!

Maverick answered on 5/26/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer