Is my bulldog having seizures???

I have a 5 1/2 year English Bulldog named Bella. She has been having some episodes every 2-3 days where she starts doing circles, constantly, starts excessively drooling, is in a transe like state, can't eat or drink, and has her ears perked up and back slightly. If we can get her calmed down enough to go to sleep right away once it starts, it only last for an hour or so and once she wakes up she is ok. Otherwise she will do this for hours until she can sleep longer or it just stops. We have had the vet check her bloodwork and everything has come back normal. This is my baby and I need to help her in any way I can. If anyone has some answers or suggestions, that would be greatly appreciated!

Asked by Member 1171969 on May 25th 2013 Tagged seizures in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

My older cat did this from a stroke. Did your dog come from a reputable AKC breeder? If not, she could be inbred. Pookie was like a little bumper car, wandering in circles and hitting everything in her path. Sometimes I could calm her out of it, and sometimes not, but she was small, unlike your dog. If it continues, I would take a video and show it to your vet. You might need to see a special doggie neurologist, or maybe your vet knows of a medication which can help. Also talk him/her about a baby aspirin regimen for this dog in order to prevent any future strokes. ^_^