Is my 2-year old Pointer Mix just tired or is something wrong?

We had a BBQ yesterday and some kids came over and were in the pool.

Now, my dog LOVES the pool and usually goes in for an hour or so at least once a week.

Yesterday she was in and out for, probably, 4 hours.

Last night she started acting lethargic and couldn't get comfortable. She is better today and can get comfortable but she is just laying around and I feel like she is just not acting normal.

Her poop last night was little pieces and not normal, but I figure that is from dehydration so I have been providing her with plenty of water.

So my question is, is she just tired and/or dehydrated, or is something more wrong?

I can see a doctor if I have to, but she had an episode with xylitol in January and racked up quite the bill, so I would like to avoid it. Plus, she gets really stressed after the vet (and she just went 3 days ago for checkup).

Asked by Member 1179087 on Jul 8th 2013 Tagged tired, lethargic, normal, pool, exercise, overexercise, help in Exercise

Answers

The problem with AVOIDING THE VET IS that if something is really wrong, you will feel guilty indefinitely for not taking your dog to be checked out sooner. Try to stimulate her with a Greenie or a new toy. Is there a chance that the kids fed her BBQ at the BBQ? Too much BBQ could make any human (or canine) sick!! ^_^