Jumpin' Jack Flash Red

Is Lowes pet friendly?

New home owner here. Just started shopping at Lowes EVERY weekend. Iv noticed people bringing dogs in. Is it pet friendly? Can I take my pups shopping with me?!

Asked by Jumpin' Jack Flash Red on Apr 23rd 2008 in Local Spots & Services

Best Answer

It really depends on your individual Lowe's store, as well as your dog and the people who shop there.

We used to go to the Lowe's in Woodbridge, VA all the time and never had any problems. The employees loved Abby and the customers did, too. However, last year they changed their policy allowing dogs inside because someone else brought a dog who was not behaving appropriately (peeing in the store), and customers complained. Now the store no longer allows dogs inside.

Lowe's corporate policy, by the way, says that only service dogs are allowed inside the stores. Obviously, as many local stores still allow pet dogs, local managers don't always follow corporate policy.

When you take your pets to stores, it's absolutely important that they are on their best behavior at all times. No growling, barking, peeing, etc. If your dog does any of these things, you may well be the cause of changing rules banning all dogs from the store.

Abby answered on Apr 23rd.

Answers

Bear and Bambi - Mommys Angels

Yes...I take my baby with me everytime I go to Lowe's, which is quite often! The employees love it when I bring him in.

Bear and Bambi - Mommys Angels answered on 4/23/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 2 Report this answer

Layla

I honestly think it's a store by store thing and some are more willing to overlook a dog in their store than others are.

When our dogs went through puppy training our trainer told us she takes her dogs to Home Depot near her home but that not all Home Depots allow them in.

I suggest you ask at your local store before you get embarrassed by being asked to leave.

Layla answered on 4/23/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Ruby

In Portland Or they are. Ruby says she loves to go to both Lowes and Home Depot and since her dad is a builder she goes there a lot. They all know her and they give her cookies (really dog biscuits but don't tell her that)

Ruby answered on 6/24/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer