Is it safe to paint your dogs nails with human nail polish?

my uncle told me that nail polish is bad for dogs is he right?

Asked by Member 1128406 on Aug 30th 2012 in Products & Tools

Answers

yes Your Uncle was absolutely Correct. Human nail polish can be toxic to dogs they might try to bite it (thus intaking it, also the fumes of the nail polish will make the dog sick.

There are people who have done it and their dogs are fine.. its just not advisable

Try Nail Polishes for dogs, there are many such as Pawlish.

here is a link if you are interested

www.upscalepup.com

Kimmiee

I paint my dogs nails with human nail polish and it has not done any damage yet.

Kimmiee answered on 8/30/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

as long as your dog doesnt bite its nails it should be fine i paint my rhodesian pits all the time with human nail polish

There is absolutely NO DIFFERENCE in the ingredients of human nail polish and dog nail polish, the only difference is that dog nail polish costs about 150% more!!!
I am a groomer and we get requests to paint dogs nails every day. We ONLY use human polish.
First of all, your dog will not inhale any more of the fumes than YOU are inhaling and, second, once it is dry all the toxicity is gone. Dogs are way, way less likely to chew on their nails than people are anyway.

If your dog has light colored nails use a kids Crayola marker...