IS IT POSSIABLE TO HAVE A BOXER FEMALE AND A SHIH TZU BREED TOGETHER. CAN THEY HAVE PUPPIES

COULD SHE BE PREGNANT? IF SO DID YOU EVER SEE A BREED LIKE THIS

Asked by Member 764585 on Nov 7th 2008 Tagged mixeddogs in Mixed Breeds

Answers

Stormy

Why do you think she is pregnant. To my knowledge there arent any Boxer/Shih Tzu mixes, and I would imagine a breeding between the two would NOT be possible.
My biggest question is, assuming they are both NOT fixed, how did the Shih Tzu even REACH the boxer to even possibly pregnate her in the first place? And secondly, what purpose would a Boxer/Tzu mix serve anyway? Get those dogs spayed & neutered ASAP!

Stormy answered on 11/7/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Yes it is possible.
There is no "breed" like that...The pups would be mutts or mixed breed.
There is a bunch of important info. at this site...Read it will you?
www.woodhavenlabs.com

Yes, they could.
cookiemiller.tripod.com

Lily

Yes, it's very possible for them to breed. I have witnessed large female dogs actually laying down to allow the smaller male to mate with them. This results in a variety of different size pups. I highly suggest that if she is pregnant that whomever adopts the pups have them spayed or neutered. The reason for this is that one of the smaller pups, if bred, could throw back 3 generations and have a pup so large that it would kill the female trying to deliver it. You could have the pups delivered with caesarean section but even that is no guarantee that the mother dog will live. Just another reason to spay and neuter your dogs.

Lily answered on 11/10/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Hi there i know this question was asked a very long time ago so sadly you may not see this. I have a 5 month old pup who is a shih tzu boxer cross. She was one of five girls and is happy a very healthy. Her mother was the boxer.How this happened is still a mystery as it was a happy accident ( our guess is the mother was lying down) All the girls vary in looks, our little one is basically a fluffy boxer and at 5 months is a lot bigger than, say a yorkie. We are planning on loading photos so people can see as there is none at all. But feel free to ask and i can email some. Anyway hope that answers your question :).