Ella

Is it okay to feed my dog a raw egg?

Was just curious if it was okay to feed my dog a raw egg?
I've looked it up but everywhere I look it seems to be a yes/no debate.

Asked by Ella on Oct 31st 2012 Tagged food in Food & Nutrition

Answers

I feed my dog raw egg on occasion as a dietary supplement. If you're comfortable with it, go for it.

Beauty and Nala

I wouldnt, Ithink the same risk for illness would apply if we ate a raw egg. I could be wrong but this is my personal opinion.

Beauty and Nala answered on 10/31/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Raw eggs are a great protein source & there is no danger in feeding them occasionally. Dogs' digestive tracts are not as long as humans, so the risk of salmonella is low. My older guy loves getting a whole egg..shell & all. He gets to "hut & kill" his egg-prey. Messy for me..but fun for him.

Yes, they're fine. Omega 3 can be good for the coat, as well as the protein.