Is it ok if my 7 weeks puppy sleeps in my garage? It's a husky/labrador/bouvier and my mom won't let me put him inside t

Asked by Member 1149678 on Jan 12th 2013 Tagged puppy, garage, sleep, weeks, allnightoutside in Puppies

Answers

If he has a secure crate & bedding, he would be ok. It is NOT ideal though. It would be better if his crate was inside. Is there a reason your mom won't allow it?
Do not just put him loose in the garage, or in a box. Garages are full of toxic things for dogs..like antifreeze.
Another reason he would be ok is his breed mix. Those breeds can tolerate colder temps. I would not advise it for some other breeds.

Ted

What I'd do is place one of those puppy pens(LOADS of space. Love them.) Put a warm plushy blanket in there, then add his bed. Then some food and water will be added along with his favorite toys. Yeah... I would spoil my dog if he was put in that kind of situation, lol.

Ted answered on 1/13/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Your mum should not have allowed you to buy a puppy if she is not prepared to let it inside.

I knew someone who purchased a French Bulldog and her husband would not allow it inside.

On a really hot day (French Bulldogs should not be out in any hot weather) they went out for the day and the poor thing passed away from heat exhaustion. Pets are part of your family.

Seth

I guess it is better then leaving him outside. But he still needs some kind of warm and soft place to lay down and sleep. But I would worry about the puppy running away if the garage door was to open, or them getting into something in the garage. So I think you would want some kind of pen to keep him in.

Seth answered on 1/14/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer