Is it normal for my dog to have a knot under her skin after getting spayed? It almost feels like a stitch under her skin

She does not like it when i directly touch it. She doesn't mind when i rub her belly. I just have to directly touch it for her not to like it. She was spayed in may. She had no stitches for this surgery.

Asked by Member 522674 on Oct 28th 2007 in Health & Wellness

Answers

Nallah

Nallah has a little bumpy like that too under her skin where her incision was. It has gone down a lot over the months though too. She was spayed last February and I would say that it is pretty much gone now. I think it is probably just scar tissue forming there, and eventually it just kind of flattens itself out. If you are concerned about it, call your vet and see what they say.

Nallah answered on 10/28/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I would call the vet and ask his/her opinion.

Since your dog is sensitive to being touched in that spot, it would suggest to me that touching it is possibly painful or uncomfortable for her. It's very likely that this is nothing and will dissolve over time, but since it has been about six months and your dog isn't comfortable being touched there, I'd ask the vet just to make sure.