Is it legal, to shoot your dogs and take pictures of their body? I find it disgusting and serial killer-ish.

I found out recently that my boyfriends step dad took pictures of their family dogs after he shot them, I want to know if that is even legal. They had the dogs for over five years, he shot one because he bit a small boy. Thats alright, but a vet was just down the road and could have been put down. I want to know if its legal to shoot your dog, then keep pictures of them. Seriously who does that sick shit?!

Asked by Member 1065437 on Oct 22nd 2011 Tagged shot, legal, pictures in Laws & Legislation

Answers

SNEAKERS

I'm uncertain as to whee you are, but, most cities/counties/states, intentionally causing death to any animal is, Animal Cruelty.

And that, IS punishable by Law.

Now, weather or not your local Police/Government would actually charge someone is another issue, specially if they did that, to protect someone else from a future attack. He could claim that he documented the "euthanasia", to prove he did it quickly and without lingering duress to the animal.

I admit I'm playing a bit of the Devil's Advocate here, but, are you actually going to do something about that, or are you just venting ?

SNEAKERS answered on 10/22/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I don't know where you are, but It's illegal to shoot your dog in the US. He could be arrested for animal cruelty. That is so sad. :(

I know it's legal to euthanize your pets yourself if need be in some areas. I don't think shooting the dog is necessarily a terrible thing if he needs to be put down, but taking pictures...that is kinda...IDK...why the frick would anyone want pictures of a dead pet for?
I also find it sad that the dog got euthanized for what may have been completely treatable. (Ie, play bite, defending itself (some dogs are afraid of children), etc.) Of course I do not know the situation.

Related to this, discussion thread 'Is it illegal to 'euthanize' your own dog?': www.dogster.com
It may be helpful.

Also, I'm not sure if anyone else mentioned it or not, but in the future please avoid anything other than minor language. This is meant to be a family site.

Starbutt

There are situations in which you can't take the animal to the vet and the only thing you can do to end the suffering is to do the deed yourself. I do not wish this on anyone much guilt is after the deed and much rethinking is done also and yes I have and yes my husband has. It is Illegal to shoot your animal if there is nothing wrong with it or if it is not killing any animal or human. You are able to shoot a animal to protect I can't say the law on what we did but it had to be done.To take picture after the death

THAT IS SICK

If you turn this in the person would get a fine which is a misermeanor most likely and that is all they do not hold the death of animals as they do human pity :(

Starbutt answered on 10/23/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I think you need to find a new boyfriend, being with a family like this, i wonder about his state of mind.