Mikey

Is 'Chef Michaels' brand a good dog food?

Asked by Mikey on Feb 20th 2012 in Pet Food

Answers

Not sure how up-to-date this page is, but it lists the ingredients in the food and talks a bit about them: www.dogfoodadvisor.com

Here's a thread on what to look for in a food: www.dogster.com

I'm sure it's nutritionally adequate, but in my opinion is WAY overpriced for what it is- a low-to- average-quality commercial dog food, similar to Beneful, Dog Chow, Alpo, etc, except that it costs more and comes in fancy packaging.

Totally not worth it. If you want a good dog food and are willing to pay a premium price (like what Chef Michael costs) check out the top-rated foods on www.dogfoodadvisor.com and dogfoodanalysis.com If you want a typical supermarket dogfood similar in quality to Chef Michael but costs less, just buy whatever's on sale. I'm sure it won't be any worse.

No, it's actually one of the worst foods you can feed to a dog (wet or dry food). Chef Michael's Oven Roasted Chicken Dry Dog Food BAD ingredients: Chicken, soybean meal, soy flour, animal fat, brewers rice, soy protein concentrate, corn gluten meal, ground yellow corn, glycerin, ground wheat, animal digest, oatmeal, salt, oven roasted chicken flavor, potassium chloride, dried peas, dried carrots, niacin, added color, menadione, etc.

Chef Michael's (dry or wet food and all of their foods) are all low quality and not worth feeding to your dog! Chef Michael's dog food has no real nutrients and will not nourish your dog's body or keep your dog healthy. Chef Michael's dog food is filled with un-named meats, chemicals, added colors, fillers, grains and sugars.

I recommend switching to a high quality food. I recommend Orijen, Acana, Solid Gold, The Honest Kitchen, Sojos, Primal Pet Foods or Red Dog Blue Kat.

Tiara

I agree and say it is the bottom end of the scale when it comes to quality of food. most of the stuff made by purina is not very good.

Tiara answered on 2/23/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer