Mason

Is a Rhodesian Ridgeback/Spaniel mix healthy?

I am looking to adopt a dog from a local shelter. He is listed as a Rhodesian Ridgeback/Spaniel mix. He's got the ridge on his spine but the coat is milk chocolate colored with a white chest and white "socks." Will post a photo.
My question is..

will this mix be at a greater risk for health problems than any other dog? Do you have another idea what mix he might be?

Asked by Mason on Apr 22nd 2012 in Choosing the Right Pet

Answers

Jessie (CGC, TDI)

What a cute dog! I would say that this would be a generally healthy, robust dog. The only thing I would watch out for is his ears. Spaniels and dogs with floppy ears are prone to infection so keep an eye on them and clean regularly.

I would say that a Spaniel/Ridgeback mix is pretty accurate. Good luck with him!

Jessie (CGC, TDI) answered on 4/22/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

The risk if health problems is always just z guessing game. You really do not know. As far as this being a good mix. Sure I do not see anything wrong with it. I am sure it would be a great dog

Any dog can be a healthy dog if you take good care of it and keep it healthy.