Is a female jack russell as high energy as a male?

I have the opportunity to get a jack russell (F) pup. Yes she will go to training. When I read up on the breed it sounded too high energy and overwhelming. I need her to get on with a beagle (Not mine).
Spoke to the owners of the pups and they said, no the females are much more settled.
She will be the only dog but will be babysat with another dog while I am at work.
Am I wise to let her go and look for another breed?

Asked by Member 1154842 on Feb 12th 2013 in Puppies

Answers

Jack Russell's are high energy, male or female.

The above answer is correct. Whether you get a male or female, Jack Russell's are extremely high energy dogs. Don't get one if you can't handle one.

Missy

Yep, as has been said already JRT's are high energy regardless of sex. Despite their small size they're often hard work and can be predisposed to dog aggression. They need a great deal of mental and physical exercise every day. Unless you're prepared to put alot of work in you usually end up with an under stimulated terrier that WILL make their own forms of entertainment which can manifest in behaviours we don't find fun such as obsessive barking, aggression issues and destructive behaviours. They're not really for the faint hearted, so be prepared!

Missy answered on 2/13/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer