I'm going down south to Mexico. What does Milo need??

He already has his rabies shots for 2 years and they expire Sep. 9th. please list anything and everything that we need and MUST bring along. Please note that we WILL be leaving in about 4 months BY CAR!! I would also appericate if ANYBODY knows a great and wonderful vet in the Louisville, KY area!!!!! WE HAVE NO VET, NOT NEUTERED, ONLY 1 RABIES SHOTS, NO SHOTS EXCEPT 1 RABIES SHOT, PLEASE TELL ALL THE SHOTS THAT WE NEED. I KNOW THAT WE NEED TO HAVE A PASSPORT, PLEASE TELL HOW AND WERE WE CAN DO IT!! WE WILL BE CROSSING THE BORDER!!!! CROSSING THE BORDER TO MEXICO!!!!!!

Asked by Member 494169 on Feb 3rd 2008 Tagged mexico, vet, tags, etc, ky, travel, bycar, help, milo, help in Car Travel

Best Answer

HERBIE

BRING A COPY OF HIS SHOT RECORDS...ALL SHOTS!!!
ALSO MAKE SURE HE IS LICENSED WHERE YOU LIVE AND BRING A COPY OF THE LICENSE AND MAKE SURE HIS TAGS ARE ON HIS COLLAR. BRING LOTS, AND LOTS OF BOTTLED WATER, NOT JUS FOR MILO, BUT FOR YOU TOO!!! YOU NEED TOO HAVE A VET BEFORE YOU GO!!
I WOULD MAKE SURE THAT IT WAS ONE THAT IS AT A ANIMAL HOSPITAL, AND NOT SO MUCH AN ANIMAL CLINIC. MOST CLINICS CLOSE AT 5-6pm AND ARE NOT OPEN ON WEEKENDS, WHERE AS MOST ANIMAL HOSPITALS ARE.
GOOD LUCK

HERBIE answered on Feb 3rd.

Answers

Well, be sure that you keep an especially <b>good</b> eye on him since he's not neutered. I'm not sure how long it is, but I think that Mexico requires dogs to be quarantined for a while. I suggest that you find a vet through the phone book and ask them what shots he will need. When you finally go to Mexico, be sure to bring a crate, a leash, dog food, treats, an extra collar, plenty of water, a doggie first aid kit (which should have bandages, hydrogen peroxide, the phone number for the animal poison control center, etc), and a manual of the laws of Mexico. Good luck!

Beau

I suggest you go to the website www.ediplomat.com. There you will find Post Reports. Look for Mexico and see what the Department of State says you NEED in order to take an animal into Mexico.

That being said, I would have him up to date on all shots (and copies of vaccinations), all his tags (and take photo copies of them) and a recent photo of him.

Beau answered on 2/5/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer