If you don't have the money to buy hydrocrotisone spray for your dog is it safe to use something like baby lotion

It's not fleas it's dry skin are something like it, she has long hair and 13yrs old, i'm disabled and limeted income and hate seeing her scratch all the time so i'm hopeing it's safe to use johnson's baby lotion onher or someone's advice on what to use. Thank you, Ernest

Asked by Member 1053419 on Dec 22nd 2011 in Alternative Treatments

Answers

Are the itchy spots red? If so, you can go to walmart and get Sulfadene. It's a yellow liquid in the pet dept. and it's cheap. It is specifically for itching in dogs. You could also get sulfadene shampoo which is also inexpensive. I would bath her once a week with that until the itching is gone. I had a Golden Retriever once that itched all the time and that stuff worked well. I wouldn't use anything that's not made for dogs. It may make her worse. Good Luck!

Baby lotion may leave her fur greasy feeling. It can also contain alcohol which can cause the itching to come back. I personally think a better product to use is PETfection Deodorizer/Allergy Spray. It is 100% Organic and will help stop the itching and also help with any smells. It doesn't contain any alcohol and you can use it as often as needed. Just spray it on the spot or all over and rub down into her fur and skin. You might have better luck with this product, and it is still affordable!