if my dog is a year and she hasnt gone into her second heat what do i do

ive had my rhodesian pit for almost a year now and when i got her she was 2 months about 3 or 4 months after i had her she went into her first heat ive had her for almost a year now and she is a year and 2 months but she still hasnt went into her second heat while her sister (we got 4 pups all from the same littler at the same time cause we didnt want to seperat them) has gone into heat about 2 or 3 months ago but she hasnt and im starting to really worry about her she is healthy so why didnt she go into heat with or shortly after her sister should i be worried or am i just to protective of her

Asked by Member 1127832 on Sep 7th 2012 in Pet Insurance

Answers

Missy

I wouldn't worry to much. My Missy only had one heat a year and didn't have her first until she was close to a year old, her next one was when she was about 18 months old. While it's said a bitch goes into heat every 6 months, there is so much variation in this cycle.

Missy answered on 9/11/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer