I'd like to know if my dog is a westie or a cairn.

I rescued a dog 2 years ago and have been trying to find out if it;s a cairn or westie since then. Everyone has a different answer. On the internet I have found pictures of both that look just like her.

Asked by Member 730722 on Aug 8th 2014 Tagged breed, westie, cairn in Breeds

Answers

Twister

Since there are no pictures nor a description of your dog, it would be impossible for me to tell which one your dog is, or if it is a mix. Since it is a rescue, honestly I would lean toward it being a mix with some other breed.

I mention a mix, because personally, I don't think it should be too hard to tell which of the two your dog is if it is a purebred.

Westies (West Highland White Terriers) and Cairns originated from the same group. The most telling difference from these two is in the Westie's full name:

Westies are white.

Cairns are not (can be: "pink, blue, wheaten, red, sandy, gray, or brindled in any of these colours" -Wikipedia).

en.wikipedia.org

en.wikipedia.org

Twister answered 3 weeks, 5 days ago. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer