I would like to volunteer at a shelter.

Asked by Member 994942 on Jun 30th 2010 in Local Spots & Services

Answers

Buckeye

That's good! First you'll need to go to your local shelter and talk to them about ways to help. They'll most likely give you certain days you can come in to help care for the animals. I'm glad to be seeing someone willing to help these homeless animals. It's a very good thing to do for them.

Buckeye answered on 6/30/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Easton

Yay!! I love hearing that!! There are so many ways to volunteer and all of them are needed at every shelter. The internet is a good resource to find a shelter close by... or pick up the good ol' phone book!

The doggies there are often malnourished or sick and just looking for some attention. It can be very sad, but remember that they will all eventually get a home. Every little bit that you do will make their lives so much better (even if it doesn't feel like it at the time).

Good luck! There should be more people like you out there!

Easton answered on 6/30/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Sailor

I volunteer @ the humane society (Canada). Depending on where you live, you can probably do an online application. If you get accepted, you will probably need a police clearance. Go for it! Volunteers are needed badly!

Sailor answered on 6/30/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

oh its soooooo nice to hear that u will love it and they should let u in if not ur probaly the rapist or something but good luck u will love it and thanku