Ellie

I weigh 22 lbs! We are flying out of keywest and they say 15 lbs is max ...

Key west to Houston. In cargo is not available I keep reading people have taken other pups like me in cabin I am smaller than most frenchies but hardly fit in the Sherpa large carrier should I be worried? Because I am :(

Asked by Ellie on Dec 6th 2012 Tagged help, travel, airplanes in Air Travel

Answers

He is over the limit. You need to look at other airlines, or make other arrangements. Other frenchies don't make a whit of difference to your dog. The last thing you should do is to just show up for your flight without making proper arrangements.

Leo

You have good reason to be worried. They will almost certainly weigh your dog at check-in, like they do with luggage, and discover that she's too heavy. You might get lucky and get someone who'll let the extra pounds slip, but if your dog is cramped in her bag there's no way they'll let her on. And the bag/crate *must* be the correct dimensions.

The only suggestion I have is, if you decide to try it, make sure a friend or family member comes with you to the airport to take your dog if they refuse to let her on. Otherwise, your dog AND you will miss your flight.

I hope you get lucky, though!

Leo answered on 12/6/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer