I was wondering how much most vets charge to give the Rabies Vaccine?

Asked by Member 972712 on Mar 10th 2010 in Vaccinations

Answers

Eloise

If you go to Petco, if you have one in your area - they have reduced rates. Otherwise, at the Vet you will pay for the visit, probably $45 and the rabies shot which is probably another $30, so you are looking at, at least $75 for the whole visit.

Eloise answered on 3/10/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

At least in our area there are many rabies clinics offered at this time of year since both NH and VT require Spring licensing of dogs. My own rescue offers one each year at my boarding kennel. We hire a veterinarian to give the vaccines and they cost half the normal price, this year $10 instead of $20 at the Animal Hospital. Certificates are provided and some clinics even have town officials present to license the dogs at the same time. Many clinics also have other vaccines available at reduced cost.

Bo

I just had Bo vaccinated about 2 weeks ago. The round of complete vaccines were $40.00. My vet doesn't charge office visit if he treats my pet. Only if it is for a check up or to renew heartworm and flea/tick meds, will he charge an office visit.

Call a few local vets. Ask what their policy is, and for pricing,but be sure the one you go with is reputable and has a genuine concern for animals, not just your money.

One more thing you can do. Call your local shelter. See if they know when the next mobile vaccination station will be coming to your area. These are wonderful organizations. They have a mobile unit that goes into smaller towns, usually a public park and they will give your pets their vaccines for $20.00. Be very sure that your shelter gives you a specific name of the organization so you will know who to look for. I have never heard of fraud with this, but where there is a will, there is a way. So be wise!!!

Good luck

Bo answered on 3/10/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

My vet charges around 30.00 for the rabies vaccine...This is basic care & if you can't afford it then you shouldn't have a pet.

Ruby

Wow you guys are lucky! The rabies shots here are $80.00.....yikes! I am in Canada, everything costs us much more, it's ridiculous!

Ruby answered on 3/11/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Wow, $80 IS pretty high!

Where we are, it's about $50, and I thought that was kind of high.

Coco

It depends on the Vet. Maybe $40 - $60?

I go to Petco for Vaccines. They have different packages for shots that are needed and usually they only charge $5 for a rabbies vaccine if that is all that is needed. I think it beats paying $40 per vaccine. Just call your local Petco and see when is the next time they will be doing it. It is usually every 2 weeks so you have to find out the dates. Good luck!

Coco answered on 3/11/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I don't know about most, but the one we go to charges $12 for a three-year rabies vaccine.