I THINK MY 7 MONTH OLD PUPPY IS PREGNET!

I think my 7 month old pup is pregnet becuase we caught her and my 5 almost 6 year old bichon humping. And last night i felt her belly and there was something squishy and her belly is a little fat what should i do?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Asked by Member 769709 on Nov 20th 2008 Tagged mymontholdpupmightbepregnet in Puppies

Answers

Oh my goodness, she is still a puppy. How could you allow this to happen? ..........shake my head and walk away

Take her to the vet and find out for sure. If you are lucky enough to be mistaken and she is not pregnant, get both of your dogs fixed immediately. If you cannot afford to do both, at least do one of the dogs. You cannot keep an unaltered male and female together in the same household and expect them to refrain from breeding.

You have to take her to the vet immediately. Dogs should not have puppies before they are 2 years old - she is only a puppy herself! Young dogs can have MANY complications because their body is still growing - small dogs are at risk anyways because their bodies are so tiny. If you find that she is pregnant, have your vet perform an abort/spay surgery. You NEED TO HAVE YOUR DOGS FIXED! There is NO reason for people to have unaltered dogs, unless you are quality breeders who have been breeding purebred dogs for years and years to better the breed. I am with Deogie on this one - I don't understand how people can take the responsibility of owning dogs and NOT take the responsibility to care for them. If you can't afford dogs DO NOT BUY THEM! This sounds so rude, and I am sorry, but I am so tired of hearing people who don't know what they are doing. Do research before you get dogs! This is why there are so many dogs in the pounds and roaming the streets.

Sorry I just needed to get that out..

Blossom

If I were you, I would immediately take her to the vet to get her checked out. Now might also be a good time to get the male fixed so you don't encounter this problem again in the future.

Blossom answered on 11/20/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Lucky

By not having your dogs Spayed and Neutered, you've allowed a 7 month old puppy to breed. The puppy is not even fully developed yet. The chances of her dying, during Whelping, have now been increased dramatically. Please for the sake of your puppy, take her to the vet and have he checked out. Hopefully, she isn't pregnant. This would be a great opportunity to have your male fixed. If this poor puppy is pregnant, you need to discuss your options with your vet, and do what your vet recommends. When the vet says it's ok, you should also have your puppy Spayed, so this never happens again.

Lucky answered on 11/20/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 2 Report this answer

Take your dog to the vet to have her checked!
Then PLEASE have your dogs spayed & neutered!
Read this!
www.woodhavenlabs.com

Rowdy

i have a 7 month old american bulldog, and we just got a female, we are not positive on her age and she is in heat, we just got her like 3 days ago and haven't had a chance to take her in to get spayed...well i took her bitchy pad off so she could go outside, and someone let my male out... he mounted her and stuck. This is horrible, I hope she's not pregnant, cause I agree... my male is far to young to know his full potential, and she is not a good representation of the breed.

Rowdy answered on 11/20/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I'm so sorry this happened to your puppy.
As the others said, please take her to the vet right away. She is very young, so an abort/spay is an option.
For future reference, please learn the signs of the heat cycle in dogs and keep her away from all male dogs during her heat cycle.
If you spay her, you won't have to worry about this happening again.
cookiemiller.tripod.com
Best of luck and wishes.

AnnaBelle

ok well first of all don't panic!! squishy does not mean puppies....if she is pregnant you will actually feel an object in her belly....like a puppy...all pups bellys are squishy especially if they eat good, annabelle is 9 months and she is coming in heat!! we HAVE to get her spayed VERY soon because she has a heriatary diesease she caught from her mom...but!! likewise! my 15 year old cocker/chow mix is not spayed! she has had puppies her whole life! =| last time she was in season she did get attached and I thought dogs did get pregnant if they had sex BUT this is not true!! because she NEVER had any puppies!!! so just because they was humping doesn't mean she is pregnant....because they might have not connected! and you would have felt objects rolling around in her belly it wouldn't have just been squishy so if it feels like there is nothing solid in there then more then likely she is not....it takes 62-64 days to have them! but try to get them spayed and neutered! :)

AnnaBelle answered on 11/20/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Suki

A dog should menstruate before she can be pregnant...that's what i know...others say they could be pregnant in a young age esp. six months when they got their first heat (estrous cycle)...

Suki answered on 11/28/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer