i need to travel overseas with my service dog, help!!

i have tinnitus, which when i am under severe stress, i have total hear loss, most time i have partial hear loss, so i have my labrador to assist me when i loose my hearing and when i panick also... i will travel with air canada, they ask me to provide certification, but i have trained the dog myself... i am leaving canada, moving permanet to brazil... i cannot take a chance on her getting injured or dead on the cargo, she has to fly with me in the cabin, any help??

Asked by Member 1130361 on Sep 12th 2012 in Other Laws & Legislation
Report this question Get this question's RSS feed Send this question to a friend


  • Cast your vote for which answer you think is best!


Kali earned her wings 10/21/14

Go to this website.
It will answer most if not all your questions. Good Luck!

Kali earned her wings 10/21/14 answered on 9/12/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer


Do you know who trained your dog? Perhaps you can ask them to write a note. IF your dog is certified, all you should need is a certificate and her vest. Good luck! : )

Member 1124639 answered on 9/16/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Minnie Mouse

if you leave from anywhere in the USA the ADA laws say you do not need to provide proof of training however not sure on Canadas version I do know that when my brother moved to norway his dog had to be in quarenteen for 6months and he was allowed to visit once a week they dont have any fleas or ticks there and all dogs must go thru this you may want to check the quarenteen laws for brazil on weather or not you are going to even have acess to your "service dog"

Minnie Mouse answered on 12/2/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer