i need help with a name for my pup

my husband and i are getting a red heeler (australian cattle dog) female pup. we've compiled a list of 30 names! we like them all some more than others and for different reasons but they all suit our personallity and interests but i thought it would be fun to have people vote on their favorite to try to help us narrow the list:
1. Zombie
2. Vienna
3. Sadie
4. Kindle
5. Didgeridoo (didgy)
6. Cheyenne
7. Rio
8. Blitz
9. Gretchen
10. Maiden
11. Jeep (jeepers, jeepster)
12. Cherokee
13. Ember
14. Spark
15. Rogue
16. Matilda
17. Devotchka
18. Baja
19. Torx
20. Ratchet
21. Sizzle
22. Bacon
23. Terra
24. Banshee
25. Nanook
26. Mona
27. Mavis
28. Krazy
29. Odessa
30. Lyla

Asked by Member 1127226 on Aug 24th 2012 Tagged heelernamescattlepuppy in Other Puppies

Answers

Chase

A few suggestions.
When you pick your pup's name, pick something you don't mind shouting across the dog park. If your pup takes off after a flock of geese at the beach are you going to want to be shouting "ZOMBIE! GET BACK HERE!" I've seen many people shouting "dog!" and "C'mere boy!" because their 5 year old named the dog Scooby Doo, or Baby and now the dog won't respond to anything else.
Pick something that isn't going to come up in daily conversations. "Honey, do you want some bacon? Oh, not you puppy!"
And lastly... See what fits your pup! You may want to name her Odessa, but she turns out to be a real grump and Mavis would've been a better fit. Or you name her Gretchen and she turns out to be a real Rogue.
BUT!
Of your names I like...
Mona.
Lyla
Gretchen.
Good luck with your new pup!

Chase answered on 8/24/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I like Cherokee, Ember and Mona the best.