I need help placing my dogs in a great home for my dogs. can you help?

How are you doing today?I have 2 pitbulls that need a good home.Not your typical pitbulls,NON-Violent! I raised them not to be I have small children. Im just forced to get rid of them unfortunatly.Due to the place my family are moving in to. My only problem is going about the process. What do I need to do as far as putting them up for adoption. Do I bring them to you. Please help? As for the dogs, theres 1 female named Payne, shes 7 years old. Very affectionate, basically your lap dog. The second is a male named Samson, hes 9 months old. Hes more of a loner but does want when he wants it. Both are trained the basic commands,sit ,down and stay. Im sorry to take up your time, but as you can see Im in a between a rock and a hard place. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You. d_spence513@yahoo.com

Asked by Member 1001214 on Aug 19th 2010 in Adoption & Rescue

Answers

Belle

You can put them on dogster, and when you fill out the imformation about the dog you can "check if this dogs adoptial" i beleive. Or you can put it up a web site. Riley came from another state, and she was flown into Michigan, and we had to get her from downstate. Depending on who the buyer is, depends on the transpion. Its up to you how much money your willing to sell the dogs for, and if the plane/transpotion is enclused. Sorry if this didn't help too much. I'd love to take the dogs, but I got quiet a few already. Hope they get good homes, and wish you the best of luck.

Belle answered on 8/19/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Dogster answers is not a shelter or rescue. This is an internet forum for people with dog questions and people who own dogs and think they have the answers. There is no actual building or place that houses and adopts out animals. I would advise you to get in touch with your local humane society or a good rescue in your area. They should be able to help you out, or can direct you to someone in your area that can.
Good luck.

Lilly (RIP)

Maybe put an ad on craigslist? Ask around see if anyone wants them (Make sure they get good homes though! (:) You can make accounts for your two dogs and list them as adoptable you may be able to find someone to take them here... Maybe put them on petfinder.com? Can you do that O.o

Lilly (RIP) answered on 8/19/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

sorry to hear this. There is petfinder, you can put them on there yourself. I would try. I would make sure you let everyone know how loving they are. Thanks to shows like pitboss the breed is making a come back. I use to own pits and I loved them so much. I wish you luck. type in the search in your computer pitbull rescues and type in your state behind that. Something should pop up.
yes, dogster also has a adoption link right here, so post a pic of them maybe someone will help you. good luck, I hope you find them a forever home.

Mattie

I am so sorry that you must give these 2 wonderful dogs up. I have only a few suggestions to try to help you out in this difficult time. First start advertising your dogs such as making a descriptive page of them on www.dogster.com and mark them as “adoptable” and also write “adoptable” out from their names”. You could also put them in the local paper and other media that they are up for adoption. Please remember NEVER say free to a good home people use pets for fights and numbers of unimaginable other things. And also go to www.petfinder.com and e-mail or call some of your local dog rescues. There are many rescues out there that are not breed specific and ask them about taking your dogs in ~ if one says no please do not give up keep trying). Rescues usually network with each other so they can give you referrals to other people or groups. Also when talking to the rescues if it is possible offer the rescue group in helping with the adoption process such as paying for the dogs vet bills

Mattie answered on 8/20/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer