I need an adjunctive home remedy for secondary infection in paw due ruptured nail follicle.

saw the vet 2 weeks ago;prescribed oral cephalexin and paw wash.My GSD is now limping and the infection doesn't seem to be clearing up can't get to a vet today-Sat., of course. Anyone have a suggestion as to how to ease his pain til I can get him to the vet?

Asked by Member 1150793 on Jan 19th 2013 Tagged dog, dogpaw, rupturedhairfollicledogs in The Dogster Website

Answers

Milly

Cant ease the pain without pain killers from vet but i would wash it in what the vet has perscribed and put on human savlon then cover with vet wrap or a human sock so he doesnt lick it off and also to protect it from dirt i did it with my old dog with an infection in between her paw pad it really works xx

Milly answered on 1/20/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

In addition to the other post, you might PETfection Paw Cream on the area. It is 100% Organic and Non Toxic; it doesn't contain any chemicals or additives that could make them worse. I find it to heal up any dryness, cuts, etc. quickly and it will help block out infection. I hope this helps; best of luck!