Macadamien aka Damien

I live in Scottsdale Arizona. I own 8 pets but have no idea and cannot find the pet limit law! Help...

I was just wondering what the pet limit laws are in my state, city, or county. If anyone knows that would be most helpful.

Asked by Macadamien aka Damien on Mar 15th 2008 in Laws & Legislation

Answers

Makia 1996-2008

I don't know but if you call your local Animal Control they can tell you. You can do it discretely and not let on how many pets you have. You don't mention how many of "each" type of pet you have, that can make a difference, they may allow 3 dogs and 3 cats and most States don't have a limit on birds or rodents but your best bet is to ask. I believe your Animal Control is Maricopa County.

Makia 1996-2008 answered on 3/15/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Pedro

As Makia said I would call from an unlisted or blocked number and not mention where you live currently.
It is just easier to do that then to have someone show up at your door and stressing you out.Find out and then work on what you need to do. Most counties are only concerned about the dogs you have. Good Luck

Pedro answered on 3/15/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Maricopa County does not limit the number of pets you can keep, as long as they are well-cared for and have proper food, water and shelter. They also must be vaccinated and licensed.

Somtimes, the statutes for the city vary from the statutes for the county, so I would see whether Scottsdale has its own rules in regards to the number of pets, or whether the county laws apply to you.

Here's the contact info for Maricopa County Animal Control - www.maricopa.gov