I know all dogs shed, or moult, but I have to comb mine twice daily to keep loose hairs at a minimum. He's a 5 year old

He gets fed dried meal twice a day, and tins of tuna in oil twice a month. He also gets cooked chicken breasts once a month and a variety of fun treats.
Although we're out a lot, he sleeps inside.

Asked by Jack on Jun 7th 2012 in Home Grooming

Answers

I give mine baths every two weeks and it really helps with the hair. Good Luck!

Wesley

What dog food do you feed? a once a month feeding of something is only a treat and not a long term nutritional value item.

Wesley answered on 6/7/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Kazba

I am going to agree with Westly about the good food. A healthy coat starts with a healthy skin. So I would look into a good guality food if you do not feed it now. My show dogs eat Nutro Ultra and they have nice coats. One other comment is I had a dog years ago they had dry skin and it was because he spent to much time in the house and because the house was dry, it caused his skinto get dry. We started letting him spend more time outside and made it so the house was not so dry and he got better.

Kazba answered on 6/7/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer