I just had my dogs ears cropped would you recommend making her wear a cone?

Asked by Pinki on Mar 8th 2013 in American Pit Bull Terrier

Yes. But more than that, I would recommend you not having her ears cropped. I'm sure you love your dog very much, but I bet you can imagine why it would be painful to have part of your own ears cut off for cosmetic purposes.

A regular cone is going to cause way more pain to your poor baby because it will constantly rub on those cut ear edges. You need to check with the vet who did the surgery for their recommendation. You DID have a vet do it, I hope? Otherwise, you are probably looking at a major infection in addition to the severe pain this is causing your puppy. I do hope you also are giving her pain medication as prescribed by your vet.

id you have your dogs ear cropped are you going to show your dog in the ring? if not why crop them. It is very painful for the dog to have the ears cropped did you know this not mad or anything of the like just giving you information on that.

Starbutt answered on 3/31/15. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer