I have to Great Danes that can not be together and now one of them is agressive towards people.Help for specific case!

I have 2 Great Danes, Ila and Dana. They are both sisters and they are 4 years old. They were always together but then we had to take them to a bigger space, so we took them to my best friend's house, who has a big lote next to his family'. There we had the problem that we had to separete them because Ila was being very aggresive towards Dana (she ripped her ears in severaltime, until we decided to take one away to my little house, where we used to keep one for a month and then change for the other).
After we separeted them, each was really happy and loving towards my brother and I.
After six months of being with us under this dynamic we had problems with the neighboors, because they complain about the dogs, thefore we had to take them both to my friends place aqgain,just that this time they were kept separated. The problem is that now Dana (who was the last one staying with us) returned really agressive toward strangers and we were asked to return her with us,but we cant bcuz neighbo

Asked by Member 1177199 on Jun 26th 2013 in Behavior & Training

Answers

Hire a professional trainer to work with you and the dogs. If the neighbors are complaining it's due to barking, digging, wandering and not just their aggressiveness with each other. Each needs help, and they are big dogs that are very protective so you need to do this now. Otherwise, think about rehoming one of them to a loving family with SPACE, because moving them around constantly is not fair to anyone. ^_^