I have a YorkiePoo who is, male, 12 years old. He recently started licking our kitchen floor. Flooring is laminated ha

Asked by Member 1153185 on Feb 2nd 2013 in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

Phantom

OMD, my dogs love to lick the floor. They especailly love carpets. One of them even licks my clothes if I leave them laying around and then go to sleep. Always so nice to wake up and put on a dog slobber covered shirt.

Anyway, I don't think this behavior is anything for you to be worried about. Maybe be careful what kind of floor cleaner you use in the future.

Phantom answered on 2/2/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Often, excessive licking of inanimate objects indicates an upset stomach. I would get a senior wellness exam, if you haven't, and be sure to mention this to your vet. Many times a simple antacid given to the dog will cease the licking behavior.