I have a wolf shepard mix and she is terrified to go outside. Its making potty training very hard! Help!

I've tried treats while walking, to let her off the leash and walk with me but she just runs straight for the door. If a car goes by or the neighbors dog starts barking she starts screaming and trying to drag me to door. She's great with every other aspect of training. I have no idea what to do...

Asked by Member 1144325 on Dec 8th 2012 Tagged scaredofoutside in Fears & Phobias

Answers

How long have you had her? How old is she? You can post this on the behavior forum on this site. There are more people to help you there. Good Luck!

Yes..please post on Behavior & Training. We need to know much more. Age is extremely important because it might be a fear stage. What socialization have you done?
What training have you done? How long have you had her?
Just curious,are you sure she is a wolf mix? Did you get her from a breeder? Malamute-shepherd mixes are much more likely, & look quite *wolfy. If you did get her from a breeder, how was she raised? kenneled? In the house?
Has she always been fearful?
How are you potty training? Ignoring mistakes? Yelling no? Rubbing nose in it? Do you have a potty cue? Do you have a "Potty Party" when she does go outside?
Has she been to a vet to rule out any physical issue?
Have you tried a certified behaviour consultant?

Now those are just some of the things I thought of in about 20 seconds, :) others will have more questions also.
On main forums we can dialogue back & forth. In Answers you can only post once & we can only reply once.Would love to see a pic.Accounts are free.