I have a seven year old half mini pin who got pregnant by a Yorkie mix. Please help

Before you tell me how terrible and irresponsible I am I already know that. SHe will be spayed after she gives birth I don't think I feel comfortable doing it while pregnant. I feel terrible that this happened it was an accident and I am sick over it. I just want to help my dog through this because she is my priority, I have an appointment with the vet this week I am just looking for some advice until then. Please only give me some helpful advice if you really are a dog lover help me move forward from this point. What's done is done now all I can do is try to make my dog as comfortable as possible!

Asked by Member 1157066 on Feb 26th 2013 in Pregnancy

Answers

The vet is a good first step. Hopefully they will do a full evaluation to make sure your dog is healthy enough to carry the pregnancy without harm to her. I would also start researching how to make a good quiet birthing area, appropriate whelping box, and how to help care for newborn puppies and best practices in keeping the puppies' area clean and sanitary. I would also start looking into adoption contracts and/or the best route to find responsible adopters for the puppies. Hopefully Toto who is an actual experienced breeder will be along with better specifics.

Good advice from Kolbe. No lectures from me. You are doing a fine job beating yourself up, I'm sure.
To add to Kolbe, I would start putting aside some money whenever you can to cover the cost of taking care of the pups..shots, worming, etc, or for (god forbid) an emergency.