I have a rescue border collie would it be able to handle another BC adoption with me?

I have had my BC for 2 years and she has come a long way (she is now 6 years old). I am considering adopting another female 7 years old. Do you think there might be problems with my current dog?

Asked by Member 1138365 on Oct 30th 2012 in Other Adoption & Rescue

Answers

♥Minnie

It really depends on any behavioural problems your current dog has. Aggression, anxiety, fearfulness, insecurity and so-fourth can be aggravated or can stay the same when you get a second dog. Ask yourself: Are you your dog's leader? Does she have any current behavioural problems?
Talk to dog owners that have gotten a second dog and see how they felt about it. I am one of those people and trust me, it isn't just twice the work, its three to four times more, in my experience. My honest advice would be to do it right and honestly asses your personal situation. I would also recommend reading Cesar Millan's book A Member of the Family before you make a final decision. It really made me realize where I personally went wrong.
I hope all goes well with you in this adventure! :)

♥Minnie answered on 10/30/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I agree with the above answer. Test out a few different dogs and see which dog that your dog gets along best with and that you like the most, adopt whichever one that is.