Chipper

I have a 6yr old male Bichon Frise that we added to our family about a month ago. When we first got him, he had just been groom and we could see his pink skin with slight black spots on his tummy. Since then we have noticed the back of his ears and his back area turn darker and darker. Is this normal for this breed? Should I be worried?

Asked by Chipper on Apr 8th 2011 Tagged dog, bichon, black, skin in Bichon Frise

Answers

I had a similar experience with my dog (different breed) when he chewed and scratched himself to the point of getting bald spots last year. (Flea infestation.) He got gray spots on his exposed skin after a while. When I asked about it I was told that it was most likely from more exposure to the sun than his skin is used to.

Calixta

Hey, I have an 8 months old little bichon, and when she was 4 months her skin star getting dark spots, I search about it, and on this breed is pretty normal, actually is a sign of being healthy, after I found this out I feel way better!!!

Calixta answered on 8/22/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer