I have a 6 month old american bulldog how much should he be eating and how many times a day should he be fed

Asked by Member 1108809 on May 2nd 2012 in Other Food & Nutrition

Answers

Enough that you can feel his ribs but not see them. . . how's that for a non-answer? :-D I would start with three times a day, and if he doesn't eat within an hour of being fed any of those times, drop it down to twice a day. If you follow a feeding guide, be sure to use one for growing puppies of his breed size. Kodiak needed a good bit more even than they recommended for large breed puppies. He was gaining about 12 pounds a month at that age, and not getting any fatter!

Seth

I hve always tryed to feed my puppies at least three times a day if i could. I know it is hard to do if you work. But puppies are burning up what they eat and need the extra food to help them keep going.

Seth answered on 5/5/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer