I have a 2 yr. old male shih Tzu and just bought a 9 week old female. My male seems so depressed he's not eating , he's

I have a 2 yr. old male shih Tzu and just bought a 9 week old female. My male seems so depressed he's not eating , he's doesn't seem to want to be bothered by her. Will this ever change will my male get back to being himself again ?

Asked by Member 1142864 on Nov 29th 2012 in Socialization

Answers

Sometimes there is an adjustment period. Try spending some extra time with him playing, walking or just hanging out without the pup. Good luck!

Seth

I always make over the older dog more then the puppy the first few days so they do not feel like that are unwanted. I know it is hard to not make over the new puppy more, but the older dog needs you also. I think the problem will go away in a few days after they get used to each other. Or maybe try feeding the puppy in another room jus to get them apart.

Seth answered on 11/30/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer