I have a 13 yr old black lab mix. She has a large mass hanging from her ear, that has recently started to bleed...

It is leaking brown fluid also and it smells horrible. Unfortunately, i've called my vet and he said to bring her in and she most likely will need surgery. 1. we had to put down another dog recently and his condition costed alot of money. 2. She behaves HORRIBLY there- I tried muzzling her at home even and it doesnt work. So stressed. Both her and I. : / Any advice please?

Asked by Member 1145203 on Dec 14th 2012 in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

Molly

No matter how much your other dog's condition costed or how badly your dog behaves at the vet, you need to take your dog to the vet immediately. Your dog's mass is most likely a tumor, which carrys cancer and is cancerous to the whole body, even if the mass is only on her ear. If you do not take your dog in for surgery to have the mass removed, she could die of cancer. This mass could be filled with cancer or infection, and can be very, very deadly. So, please, do you and your dog a favor by taking her to a vet. Hope this helps!

Molly answered on 12/14/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Mika

Well put Molly! Please take your dog to the vet!!!! He needs medical attention and now!

Mika answered on 12/14/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

It does not necessarily mean cancer. Molly, there are many other reasons dogs get lumps. It could be a hematoma, or a fatty cyst, or a runaway infection.
I do agree she needs to see the vet. Maybe ask if you can wait in the reception area & let the vet techs handle her. Many dogs do much better without their owners..odd as that sounds.