I have 2 miniature dachshund puppies and i am finding it so so hard to house train them, HELP !!

I have been told that house training doxies is difficult and i am finding it to be so, so if anyone out there with mini doxies has some kind of info that can help me id so appreciate it im just about pulling my hair out :(

Asked by Member 1072136 on Nov 21st 2011 in Dogs and a Clean Home

Answers

Bella

patients is key! All mine I creat trained make sure each puppy has its own creat line it with news paper and put a small shoe box in the back with a blanket and toy and night a warm water bottel to keep them from crying they lean to not mess up there bed, to get out and go on the news paper as they grow theres no room for the new paper the hole thing becomes there bed. When there out make sure to wach them close put them on leash if you have to in when there playing and make sure to take them out after they eat,drink play or wake up and befor puting them in there creat. and EVERY time they go potty outside ,make sure to give them a treat and tell thim good boy/girl!! :)

Bella answered on 11/23/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Romeo Ramone Seal

To be honest I know exactly what you mean. I had 3 Dachshunds at one point. Nothing I did, no matter how hard I tried could housebreak these dogs. One day I talked to a neighbor lady who also had 2 Dachs and she said she had tried everything also, but that it took about 2 yrs. before she could housebreak them competely. I thought that it couldn't be true, but at about 2 is when mine became housebroken also. They were great after that.I have since talked to others who complained that it took forever to housebreak their Dachshunds.They are however the best dogs I have ever owned, very loving and loyal.They were worth it. I had to have my last one put down this year. She was 17yrs old.

Romeo Ramone Seal answered on 11/30/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Danaerys

You could try adopting a virtual dachshund here: www.dogzer.us
It's very realistic and the other Dachshund owners are very helpful. You can raise your puppy, compete in dog shows and even breed with other dogs in the game to get puppies.

Hope you find help there!

Danaerys answered on 4/18/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer