I Have 2 four Month old Puppies That had Been Abandoned at age 2 months They Eat, & Drink BUT ARE growing Exessivly thin

these puppies, Ive had for 2 months now & they Grow Thinner & thinner by the Day. they have been Abandoned On A Cold Mountain Road Before We found them & Brought them In. Now Instead of Gaining weight they are losing it. You Can SEE The Ribcage of Both the Male & female. these are Aussies. & terribly thin What Do I Do? How Can i Get them to Gain weight? I Mean Besides The Vet which is where they are going Soon Enough. Im A recuer of Animals & my Husband Hates it , But who can turn these poor Creatures away? Im Hoping he will Take My Advice to see a vet. they Seemed healthier 2 months ago.

Asked by Member 1097675 on Mar 5th 2012 in Other Adoption & Rescue

Answers

Any time a puppy is not putting on weight, & is losing it instead..is a cause for a vet visit. It could be something simple like worms, or it could be something more serious like parvo or EPI, or IBS, or ....Only a vet can tell for sure. Bless you for saving these babies. I hope it is not serious.

I agree with Wiley... the only way to find out WHY they are losing weight is to bring them to a vet.
Sadly, rescue isn't really rescue if you do not provide for the pups especially veterinary treatment.
Please, get them examined ASAP so they can have a chance at a better life.

Seth

Sometimes puppies will look thinner then when they are cute little round puppies. Because they are growing to fast for their bodies to keep up. But if their ribs are sticking out. Then I think a vet visit is the best thing to do Good luck.

Seth answered on 3/6/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Are they eating often enough and enough each time?

My first thought is parasites.

ginger

there right you should thake them to the vet this might be tape worms. there are some thinks you can do to make them gain though try adding a egg to there meal.

ginger answered on 3/7/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer