amy--20 July 1998--1 oct 2012

I Had To Let My Little Dog Amy Go To Sleep On 1st oct,I Have Her Brother Benji & They Have Never Been Apart In The 14yrs

MY SURVIVING DOG IS VERY LETHARGIC,LOOKING FOR HIS SISTER (DIED 1ST OCT)HE KEEPS LOOKING AT THE DOOR & ACTING OUT OF CHARACHTER HE CANT SEEM TO SETTLE.MY VET SAID GIVE HIM LOTS OF CUDDLES WHICH I OBVIOUSLY AM.THEY WERE BOTH WITH ME 14YRS ,I AM GRIEVING ALSO BUT TRYING NOT TO LET BENJI SEE ME CRY ETC.HAS ANYONE BEEN THROUGH THIS & HOW DID YOU HELP GET YOUR PET OVER THIS TERRIBLE TIME.

Asked by amy--20 July 1998--1 oct 2012 on Oct 7th 2012 Tagged surviving, death, sister, pining in Loss of a Pet

Answers

I lost Jaxey in May of this year. She raised Kali. I went through the same exact thing. It took Kali about 3 1/2 months to start to get back to normal. It's only been the last couple of weeks that she seems back to her old self. It helped that we have Koby. He was/is a distraction for her. I did special things with her like more walks and played with her. I bought her new toys. He will get better over time. It just will take a little while. Good Luck!